Workpackage 6.1 Analysis of structures, conduct and performance of supply chains for organic foods in Europe
The work package will involve:
- Analysis of supply chain structures for selected organic commodities in Europe.
- Comparisons of organic supply chain structure patterns in Europe and their potential effects on food quality and safety
- Identification of potential economic pressures in organic supply chains which affect food safety and quality using multi-sectoral qualitative analysis (MSQA)
- Comparisons of costs associated with different components of organic supply chains.
- Development of strategies, which increase efficiencies in the supply chain to reduce cost and/or improve food quality and safety for the consumer.
Publications on markeds and trade (via eprints)