Development of HACCP protocol, manuals and training schemes for organic food production and processing systems
This workpackage will involve:
- Structured “Break out workshops” at the annual IP congresses for scientists, producers, processors and other stakeholders on HACCP development for organic and “low input” production, processing and retailing systems.
- Development of a network/database of quality assurance specialists for different commodity groups in collaboration with the currently running EU-COST action QLK1-2245 (Organic HACCP) and several national government and industry funded projects.
- Consultation with quality assurance specialists for different commodity groups to develop the frameworks for commodity specific (poultry, pork, dairy, milk, cereals, field vegetables) HACCP manuals.
- Consolidation of the above by the production of a general and commodity specific HACCP manuals and translation into major European languages.
- Dissemination of the above by Training courses on organic HACCP systems for HACCP consultants, individuals from companies and higher education institutions involved in HACCP training.
WP6.2 is planned for later in the project (after the first 18 months) to allow results from (a) the supply chain analysis under WP6.1, (b) the COST-action “Organic HACCP” and (c) experimental work and surveys under WPs 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 7 and the “break out workshops” on: Quality assurance; HACCP development at the annual IP-congresses to be taken into considerations.
Publications on markeds and trade (via eprints)